Robotex impact analysis 2017-2019
Since 2008, more than two million euros have been invested in school robotics in Estonia, which is the largest investment in robotics per capita in the world. This, in turn, has ensured that almost half of Estonian schools are equipped with robots and are able to organize robotics-related activities.
The aim of this study is to analyse the impact and significance of the Robotex competition to understand its significance and needs for development. The study will examine secondary sources and conduct survey among the participants (and their supervisors) of the Robotex competition. The study addresses the following topics:
- Significance, impact and relevance of Robotex competition;
- Impact based on the type of competition, but also age, place of residence and other relevant indicators of participants;
- The impact of Robotex competition for participants and their supervisors;
- The effectiveness of Robotex in meeting the set goals and priorities;
- Socio-demographic profile (or profiles) of competitors;
- Participants’ assessment and their views on Robotex;
- Wishes, needs and expectations of participants for Robotex.
The results of the study will provide a better overview of the importance of the Robotex competition, its impact and relevance to the participants. The results also help to understand the fulfillment of the competition’s goals, map the participants’ feedback and plan further development.
The final report will be completed by the end of August. The study is funded by Robotex NGO