According to the definition provided in the Civil Service Act, teleworking means…
Strategies for regional sustainable development
The project helped to develop strategies for regional sustainable development, by promoting regional and social cohesion as well as of environmental protection and sustainability are among the most important Community objectives. Project REGIONET contributed to the knowledge that helps to better integrate environmental issues in regional sustainable development plans and management (also now needed for Structural Funds proposals) and to integrate environmental protection with economic development and social policy. The project explicitly addressed these issues by organising four workshops which brought together different stakeholders, i.e. policy-makers, researchers, business/industry, and users/consumers.
The thematic network REGIONET had the following specific objectives:
- The improved integration of sustainability issues in the regional development plans put forward to the EU structural funds.
- An understanding of the relationship between the implementation of regional sustainable development and issues of regional and multi-level governance.
- An integrated framework for evaluating regional sustainable development (methods and tools) at the European, national and regional levels.
- The cross-fertilisation of sustainable development research and the establishment of regional partnerships.
The outputs of REGIONET were:
- Four workshops to bring together various stakeholders and elaborate on regional sustainable development.
- Edited books and other academic publications to contribute to the scientific discourse on regional sustainable development.
- ‘Recommendations+’ as a practical policy guide for regional sustainable development in Europe.
- A project website to provide information on upcoming events, network members and experts, information on other relevant projects, download reports.
See more on similar topics:
The goal of Estonia in the development of public services is to…
We will carry out an international project which focuses on employers and aims to contribute to the entry and integration of immigrants in the Estonian labour market.
Research and Technological Development (RTD) is essential for the functioning and sustainability…
The Institute of Baltic Studies coordinated the preparation of proposals for the Integration Development Plan “Integrating Estonia 2020” for the planning of research, the establishment of the Research Council’s working principles, the definition of development plan goals and the development of a monitoring model of integration processes.
The purpose of the thematic pages is to collect background information on the field of integration by providing input into the new integration program “Integrating Estonia 2020”.
8.6% of GDP in Europe is spent on health, of which 6.4%…
The four-year project aims to try to establish science stores in Estonia. The goal of the Institute of Baltic Studies is to conduct pilot projects and see what format science stores could be set up in Estonia.
The aim of the project is to support the social impact of…
On 16th February 2011 Institute of Baltic Studies organised an integration-themed election…